Okay so our first challenge in #couchpotatotofabfit is about to start! Most of us feel as though we drink enough water but you would be surprised to find that we don’t drink nearly enough especially if we are exercising.
Join our 28 day challenge to drink more water each day and you will feel healthier for it. Your skin will be clearer, you may even lose weight and you will be flushing out the toxins from your body.
So the guidelines are pretty simple:-
- Firstly, read my post 4 reasons Why You Need to Keep Hydrated Summer or Winter
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day or more if you are exercising. The Mayo Clinic suggests that the:
The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of total beverages a day.
- You can include water used for coffee and tea although I would try to keep these to a minimum and make water your drink of choice.
- You can add lemon or mint to flavour your water
How do I know if I’m drinking enough water?
A couple of quick signs that you are drinking enough is that you aren’t feeling thirsty and your urine is clear.
Ways to ensure you are drinking enough water?
- Make water your drink of choice.
- Carry a water bottle with you. Invest in a fruit infuser bottle to keep it interesting.
- Set your phone alarm to remind you to drink
- Drink a glass of water before each meal
- Start the day with a glass of lemon water
- Drink before exercising, during exercising and after exercising
- Leave a jug of water on your desk
- Fill a 1.25 litre bottle and aim to drink that over the course of the day
- Download an app Here are 5 apps to track your water intake you could try.
Mark off the each glass of water as you drink it!
Join the #couchpotatotofabfit challenge today and let's get healthier together.Click To Tweet
Let’s Keep Sizzling!