Do you have a bucket list?
Are there things you want to do this year that perhaps you haven’t tried before?
Perhaps you need to create memories this year.
Today on Meaningful Mondays, I’d like us to think about how as women of midlife we can create more memories this year. We can get so caught up with life and budgets that we forget to enjoy ourselves. When was the last time you did something that today brings happy memories when you think of it?
I recently came across a website, Eventbrite. It is a company that provides the facility for you to set up your own events or fundraising through event management software. It also lists events that you can participate in. Their categories include Music, Food & Drink, Classes, Parties, Sports and Wellness. Last year their focus was on GOMO: Going Out More Often and in 2017 they are encouraging us to create Experiences, Not Things!
That made me think – Experiences, Not Things – how often do we buy something on impulse and then regret the purchase?Life should be about enjoying experiences with family and friends and creating beautiful memories.Click To Tweet
Some memories will be free such as picnics in the park or enjoying more bushwalks or walks along the beach. Others will be experiences in which we will invest our time and money.
So back to the bucket list for 2017. I’ve come up with my top 10 things to create more memories this year.
Some items on the list don’t cost anything, others I will choose to spend my money. It is all about enriching our lives.
- Attend a theatre production – I love musicals but haven’t made the effort to see one for quite some time.
- Attend a Wellness Retreat to bring harmony to my body, mind and soul
- Run in the Gold Coast half marathon fun run with my Saturday Sisters
- Make memories with my grandson such as trips to the museum and art gallery where they have great children’s activities or just playing in the park together.
- Regular Date nights to discover new restaurants and enjoy quality couple time.
- Travel to visit Family interstate
- Explore the City in which I live
- Travel – Take a cruise to the Pacific Islands and a trip to Italy & Spain
- Take a bush walk in the Gold Coast Hinterland
- Continue my tradition of making each grandchild a themed birthday cake
What will be on your bucket list to create more memories this year?
Don’t forget your camera to capture your memories and also add your memory to your Jar of Positivity.
For more inspiration on creating memories read: Self Awareness: Quotes to Inspire you to create beautiful memories
Let’s Keep Sizzling!
Disclosure: Although I have mentioned Eventbrite, I am in not affiliated with them. I have used the service when booking an event.