If life is getting you down or is starting to overwhelm you a great way to rejuvenate yourself is to plan a short getaway. Removing yourself from the ‘everyday’ cycle helps to lift your mood almost instantly.
We all need to take holidays but sometimes we just don’t have the time or the finances to take a long break. However, it is surprising how refreshing you feel after a short break – even a couple of days.
Last year, we purchased an apartment at the Gold Coast in Queensland. It was part of our retirement plan and we intend to live there permanently when the time is right. We have owned other investment properties over the years but this one we DID NOT WANT TO INCLUDE in the holiday pool. We wanted it as our ‘escape’ whenever we felt the need to get away.
I’m very lucky to have such a place and grateful that I’m in a position to be able to ‘run away’ if I need to.
The apartment is situated one block back from the ocean and we have a view of the ocean from our balcony. As soon as I arrive I instantly feel relaxed. We go for a walk along the esplanade and I feel within one hour of being there that I have been away from home for much longer.
Take time to reconnect – When I ‘run away’ as I like to call it, I don’t do very much at all. I relish just enjoying being at the ocean, reading, going for long walks and lazy brunches. Reconnecting with myself and my husband. For me that is bliss!
Removing yourself from your everyday life helps to remove you from your stresses and problems for a while. Whatever your circumstances we all lead busy lives and our health depends upon taking time to Rest, Restore and Rejuvenate ourselves.
‘I Can’t get away because…”
We can all use excuses of why we can’t get away, but if you plan you CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN and you SHOULD MAKE IT HAPPEN.
- Look for short getaway deals
- Ask someone to mind your children and return the favour another weekend. This gives you time to work on your relationship with your partner
- Find a place where the whole family can relax and enjoy time away – children get stressed too.
- Go solo – take time out for YOU and use the time to reflect, dream and plan what you want from life.
- Have a ‘Staycation’ – if you really can’t get away. Take time out at home and treat it like a short stay. Go out for breakfast/brunch, see a movie, walk around your City or just turn off the technology and indulge in your favourite things to do. It is only two days after all.
Next in the series will be….. #9 – Socialise
Let’s Keep Sizzling!