I was pleasantly surprised when Michelle from Grammie Time nominated me for The Blogger Recognition Award.
I appreciate Michelle for following and reading my blog. Michelle always leaves a meaningful comment and it is like hearing from an old friend. I am grateful to you Michelle for nominating me for this award. Receiving recognition like this is a great boost to motivation and confidence and I feel very honoured.
Now awards like these are mainly to encourage other bloggers and while I was writing this I thought of how difficult it was to find my way when I first started blogging.
I wanted to use this opportunity to give new bloggers my perspective on what I experienced when I first starting blogging.
How My Blog Started
I started my blog early 2015. I had taken early retirement to spend time with my husband a couple of years earlier, however, after working all my adult life it was quite difficult to adjust to this new life. You can read more about me and why I’m Sizzling Towards 60 on my website http://www.sizzlingtowardssixty.com.au/about-me/
Advice To New Bloggers –
Now I am probably considered new to blogging as I started 8 months ago. However my best advice would be to GO FOR IT! I had the idea in my mind and just didn’t have the confidence, then one day I just organized the hosting, built a website and posted my first blog!
It was exhilarating and frightening at the same time but looking back now, I am so glad I did it.
Here Are My 6 Top Tips to New Bloggers
1. Go for It
You have an idea and aren’t sure or confident about taking it to the next level and going public. Face your fears and do it for yourself. You might say “What if no-one reads it?” Well it won’t be the end of the world however you will be pleasantly surprised that people will read it!.
[bctt tweet=”Have faith in yourself!”]
2. Respect Your Readers
- Make sure you write from the heart and connect with your readers.
- Always reply to the comments you receive with a genuine reply. People aren’t stupid they know if you really appreciate it or not.
3. Find A Mentor & Learn, Learn, Learn
I have several wonderful bloggers that I have met who have guided me through all the paths of blogging. When I started I didn’t even know there were link up parties and free courses you can do.
I have also found a great course through Daniela Uslan. She has some great ideas – free too! I especially like her blog makeover challenge and there is plenty more information and information at her website – Have Your Cupcake.
4. Build Relationships with other bloggers – Get Noticed!
- Link up your posts to link up parties Make sure you comment on other posts and don’t just link up and run.
- Join Facebook Groups for Bloggers – I have found other bloggers have been so supportive and if I ask a question I am sure to receive an answer to help me.
- Post to Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram – you need to have a presence and build a following and a network.
- Follow others on Social Media and you will soon find they are following you.
5. Quality over Quantity any day
Quality over Quantity any day – Don’t rush a blog post because you feel you need to get one posted!! The quality will not be up to standard. People may forgive you at first but if you don’t put the effort in it will show.
[bctt tweet=”Quality over Quantity is one of the most important blogging tips to remember.”]
6. Be Patient
This is the hardest part of blogging. You won’t be able to achieve everything in your first week but if you put the effort and time in you will see results.
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award come from various backgrounds. Some have been blogging for a number of years and others are newbies. I believe this Blogger Recognition Award should recognize all bloggers for their contribution and also for the support they have given me.
I would encourage you to check out these blogs which are all special in their own way.
Therefore, I would like to nominate:-
Jebbica – Jebbica’s World Health & Fitness
Kathleen – 60-thenew40
Marilyn – Marilyn’s Treats
Jennifer –Nanna’s Wisdom
Mackenzie – Reflections From Me
Debbie – Coach Debbie Runs
Leanne – Cresting The Hill
Amy – Busy Boys Brigade
Sandy – Sandy’s POV
Joanne – What’s On The List
Debbie – Debbie In Shape
Terri – Perspectives On
Janine – Reflections From A Redhead
Corinne – Everyday Gyaan
Kirsten – Treat Yourself Sweeter
Here are the rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide a link to the award post you created (you cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you).
* It is not compulsory for you to participate in this, however, I did want to recognise your talent, your contributions and support which I value greatly.