In Meaningful Mondays this week I discussed the importance of being a role model. We are all role models and don’t need celebrity to make a difference in other’s lives.
My question today is:
Are you a healthy role model for your children and grandchildren?
I DON’T MEAN you have to be running marathons, exercising non-stop or never eating anything more than a lettuce leaf.
I DO MEAN that you should be taking care of your health and well being not just for yourself but also for your family. They take their cues from you and how you live your life.
[clickToTweet tweet=”If you don’t prioritise your health what message are you sending your children and grandchildren” quote=”If you don’t prioritise your health what message are you sending your children and grandchildren”]
How can you be a healthy role model?
- 3 – 4 times a week exercise for at least 30 minutes.
- Play with your children or grandchildren at the park – kick a ball with them, play hide and seek. Keep moving!
Eating a well balanced diet
- Treats are fine occasionally but good health and well being mean eating a well balanced diet.
- Encourage your children or grandchildren in the kitchen by showing them how to make ‘healthier treats’. They will learn the importance of healthier food options PLUS what a lovely way to spend time together.
Taking time to nourish your soul
- Make time to do something YOU enjoy and teach others the importance of ‘ME’ time
- Your happiness will shine through and be a positive influence on your children and grandchildren.
Making your mental health and wellness a priority
- Leaning to say ‘no’ a little more often.
- Making time each day to sit quietly and think about all the goodness in your life.
- Teach your children and grandchildren the benefits of slowing down and appreciating the moment.
Do you need to make any changes to your health and well being? Remember it isn’t just for your benefit….your family are learning from you.
Let’s Keep Sizzling!