It’s a rainy Saturday afternoon and I’m feeling a little bored. Okay, I’ll do some baking. I found a recipe for banana muffins to use up some bananas that were a little over ripe. Great! Oh no eggs in the house not to worry I’ll improvise.
These muffins are Dairy free, Sugar Free and Egg Free and make a healthy snack or quick breakfast on the run.
To make them healthier I replaced the sugar with honey and added some rolled oats. I also left out the milk (this was accidental but they still tasted delicious).
Banana & Oat Muffins
1-1/2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 cup of rolled oats
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
1/2 cup oil – canola or olive
1/4 cup honey
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 banana cut into slices
- Grease a 12 muffin pan and preheat oven to 180C or 350F
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb soda, cinnamon and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- Mix well
- Add Oil, honey and mashed bananas to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well
- Spoon into muffin pan
- Top each muffin with a slice of banana
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Try to let them cool before eating – if you can resist the temptation!
Let’s Keep Sizzling!