The first step towards being Fit & Fabulous this year is about defining your goal and preparing. Planning and Preparation are the key to success. Without a plan we drift along and soon lose sight of what we really want.
Ask yourself two questions:
Where are You Now?
Where do You want to be?
The answers to these two questions will help you set your goal(s) will give you something definitive to work towards.
Step 1 – Define your goal.
What changes do you want to make to your health and wellbeing? During the first week you will start putting a plan into place.
For me, my journey to being more Fit and Fabulous this year includes all areas of my life. That means setting goals for a healthy lifestyle including exercise and making changes to what I eat and drink. It also means including goals for an improved mental and spiritual health.
Today I sat down with my personal trainer and we wrote down what we wanted to achieve in the next 3 months. We then broke it down into steps to achieve each major goal.
In order to measure your progress, you will need to keep track of your Fit and Fabulous journey.
NOTE: Before undertaking any new exercise or dietary changes please consult your doctor and get the go ahead.
Step 2 – PLAN
- Define your goal, write it down and stick it on the mirror AND your refrigerator
- Once you have your major goal – break it down into smaller steps
- Define your Reward – it might be a photo of a new outfit, a new hairstyle of even a holiday destination you will treat yourself to when you achieve your goal. Rewarding yourself doesn’t mean it has to be food.
Step 3 – PREPARE
You have your goals set so now you need to PREPARE. Lack of preparation can make you stall before you even get started. So here are some key planning tips:
- Buy a diary and schedule in your exercise – just as you would any other appointment. Remember you are worth it and spending time on yourself with exercise is just as important as going to the doctor or dentist or even having your car serviced.
- Prep your menu – compile your menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next two weeks. Then write a shopping list. It is easy to give up if you don’t have the ingredients on hand.
- Prep your food – prepare meals and snacks ahead of time. My P.T. preps her foods each Sunday so there is no chopping, cutting etc., she just has everything ready to go.
GOALS FOR THE WEEK
- Write your Plan and Prepare
- Go for a 30 minute walk 5 times this week. If you aren’t up to 30 minutes go for as long as you can safely walk. Read Walk Your Way to Fitness
- Don’t want to walk? Try doing some form of exercise each day that YOU ENJOY.
- Clear out your pantry and refrigerator of all processed foods. Fresh is Best!
- Drink 2 litres of Water each Day
Let’s Stop Talking and Start Doing today! Are you with me?
The next step – Creating a daily ritual