Time to Rejuvenate Yourself! Okay everyone! It is June, we are almost halfway through the year and it is time to get some healthy habits happening. It is never too late to start!
I was going to call this a CHALLENGE but then I started thinking that as soon as we mention the word ‘challenge’ we get all excited and determined and then the fear of failure sets in, we fall off track and then give up.
For this month in the #couchpotatotofabfit Facebook community I’m asking you to make some changes to your life and develop new habits for a healthier and happier lifestyle
Will you set the goal to rejuvenate yourself by eating healthier, exercising regularly and finding balance in your life for 30 days?
Just stick to your goal and in 30 days you will be feeling so much healthier and better about yourself.Being healthy is a lifestyle change and there are no quick fix answers.Click To Tweet
At #couchpotatotofabfit we are all about trying to live a healthy, happy and balanced lifestyle.
No diets or starving and no overdoing the exercise, just making sure that we make healthy food choices each day and exercise regularly but also finding the right balance to enjoy life.
I don’t believe in diets, just read my post ‘It is time to Ditch the Diet and Just Eat Clean’ and you will see why. I believe in a holistic view toward health and well-being. That being said, I make sure I’m eating the right foods and limit my treats.
Life is about balance so we need to make sure we nurture ourselves in body and mind and spirit. That means taking time to do something for YOU to restore balance in your life.
We are in this together so:
- I’ll be giving you daily motivation and tips on our Facebook page and also recipes to try. So if you haven’t joined the #couchpotatotofabfit facebook group click here to join.
- Each Monday we will have a check in where I would love you to comment on your progress, what you found easy, what you struggled with, strategies you found helpful.
- Please feel free to leave comments,photos or posts at any time
Okay!!! Let’s set some Goals for 30 days of Healthy Eating, Exercising & Finding Balance in your life.
Please Note: If you have any health concerns please make sure you check with your doctor before starting any new exercise program.
It is simple really – EVERY DAY For the month we will be making healthier choices:
- Healthier Food Choices
- Exercising regularly
- Finding Balance in Life
1. Make Healthier Food Choices
Every day you need to make healthier food choices.
The Must do’s are:
- Start the day with lemon in warm water to cleanse your body
- Eat breakfast – this should be your main meal of the day
- Eat a variety of colourful vegetables and fruit
- Drink 2 litres of water
The Don’t’s are:
- Don’t eat Junk Food, soda pops, chocolate, processed foods
- Don’t skip meals – make sure you have healthy snacks available when you feel hungry
- Limit alcohol intake – it would be great to go alcohol free if you can but it isn’t a must.
30 minutes of exercise 5 days per week. Do something you enjoy and don’t forget that incidental walking like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or parking further away counts as exercise. It is all about moving, so think about what you will do and schedule it into your diary.
Not sure where to start? Read: 6 steps to Starting and Exercise Program Today
No time? Yes you do read: How to find 30 minutes each day to Exercise
Finding Balance in our life is as important for our health and well-being as eating healthy food and regular exercise.
Don’t know where to start? Read: 6 easy ways to find Balance in your life
10 minutes each morning when you wake take time to breathe and think about all the positives in your life
SCHEDULE IN YOUR DIARY :
- 2 days per week (probably the weekend for most of us) to do something for YOU – reading, listening to music, meditating, spending time with family and friends, soaking in a bubble bath, swimming in the ocean. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as it relaxes you and helps to restore balance in your mind and body.
- 1 day per week Tech free – where you take time away from your tech devices such as computers and mobile phones. I will be choosing Sunday but you can select what day suits you best.
Download your free diary here to record what you are eating, when you will exercise and when you will do something for YOU (and what it will be) .
So are you in? We can do this together! Hop over to the facebook group and let me know! https://www.facebook.com/groups/couchpotatotofabfit/
Let’s Keep Sizzling!