Spring has arrived ‘Down Under’ although in Brisbane, where I live it feels like we have been having Spring weather for most of Winter. Glorious sunny days and temperatures much higher than normal. Crisp cool mornings and evenings with clear blue skies.
I love Spring and the renewal of life and energy that seems to fill the air. You just want to get out there and enjoy the beauty of nature. Spring to me means new beginnings and a feeling of hope. It is also Jacaranda time when the gorgeous purple flowers are in full bloom during October and November.
Now Leslie from Once Upon A Happy Ever After previously asked me to join with a Summer Bucket list. Of course, living in Australia our seasons are the opposite to my Northern Hemisphere friends so I produced my Winter Bucket List.
I’m joining in again but while some are making their ‘Fall’ (or Autumn as we call it) Bucket List mine will be all about Spring. This is Brisbane, Queensland where I live and also I’ve included some photos of the Gold Coast where we have an apartment. As you can see, we have gorgeous weather and sunshine!
My Bucket List for Spring
Health & Wellness
- Continue my bi-weekly runs with my Saturday Sisters. The running event season is over but we still love our catch ups twice a week not only to keep our running fitness but because of our wonderful friendship.
- Revise my workout program – I would like to introduce yoga twice weekly and one or two PT strength sessions per week
- Try some smoothie recipes
- Enjoy our holiday to Europe visiting Portugal, Spain & Italy plus a Mediterranean Cruise
- Experience different foods from different cultures
- Escape to our apartment at the Coast at least fortnightly
- Continue my Course – ‘A year to clear what is holding you back’
- Finish Thrive – The Third Metric to redefining success and creating a life of well being by Arianna Huffington in conjunction with my Thrive Journal from Kikki K.
Revamp my wardrobe
Spring is a good time to declutter the wardrobe and actually see what I do have, what I need and what I probably need to get rid of.
Start preparing for Christmas – I know it is only September but December will be here before we know it!
Having a blended family means that we don’t all get together on Christmas day. So we have our full family Christmas a week before. My husband and I love preparing for the day and filling Santa Sacks with goodies for the grandchildren.
- Start looking for gifts to load up the Santa Sacks
- Organise homemade baking gifts for friends
- Prepare menu
What would be on your bucket list for Spring?
Let’s Keep Sizzling!