#MakingMarchMeaningful was a wonderful way for us to consider our purpose, become more mindful and also to explore ways to bring more meaning to our lives. We even discovered that we could be mindful with what we wear and the colours we choose.
My favourite posts were those in my guest series What Brings Meaning to your Life After 50? The same question brought different and thought provoking answers and if you missed the 3-part series be sure to catch up HERE
What is happening in April?
You guessed it! Another theme and this time a challenge!
#ActiveApril – Let’s get Active and Feel Alive!
I say challenge because I am challenging us all to become more Active not just physically but mentally and spiritually.
Why have I chosen #ActiveApril as a theme?
I’ve chosen this theme for several reasons. It is Springtime in the Northern Hemisphere so our friends in that part of the world are coming out of hibernation and will be looking forward to warmer weather and being more active again.
I also think it is important to remind ourselves that we NEED TO KEEP ACTIVE in all areas of our life if we want to FEEL ALIVE and FULL OF ZEST FOR LIFE. For me, I also like to keep fit to enable me to play and enjoy my young grandchildren and to be a role model to them by living a fit and active lifestyle.
What will #ACTIVEAPRIL Mean for You?
I want us all to challenge ourselves to be active daily. To make the commitment for the month as a start to a new lifestyle and be accountable for making changes to a fitter and healthier lifestyle.
- Maybe you want to lose weight
- Maybe you want a more structured exercise routine
- Maybe you want to challenge yourself mentally and physically
- Maybe you want support to achieve these goals
- Maybe you just want to mix life up a bit and get more involved in living each day in good health
I mentioned that it won’t all be about physical exercise. Being Active and Feeling Alive also needs to come from within and that is why we need to Exercise our Brains daily and connect with our Spiritual Self.
During the month I will be introducing a number of guests. Women Over 50 who are active and feeling alive. They will share their thoughts on what they do and hopefully inspire you to try something new or keep going with what you are doing now.
How will #ACTIVEAPRIL work?
If you are really committed to making changes to your life and improving your general health, well-being and fitness then here is what you need to do:
- Know you aren’t alone and I will be here to support you
- Join the Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond – Let’s Thrive Facebook Group
- Follow the plan for the week which will include physical, mental and spiritual exercises. These will be available each Sunday evening in the FB Group ready for the new week.
- Check in at the FB Group with your progress every Friday morning. I want you to feel comfortable with sharing your wins but also your struggles. We are all here to support and help each other with no judgement.
- Watch the FB Live videos with my tips for the week each Monday morning and Wednesday morning
- Follow the blog for guest posts and other motivation