Liebster Award – I was Nominated!
WOW!!! AND DOUBLE WOW!! That was my reaction when the lovely Kathleen from ‘Lifestyle Building Blocks’ nominated me for this encouraging award – the Liebster Award. Kathleen has been a wonderful support to me providing generous and helpful information during my first few months as a blogger. Her Friday Blog Booster Party Link Up has provided an opportunity to showcase my work and I was over the moon when one of my posts was the most clicked one week. Check out the Party link up it is well worth it.
For those not familiar with the Liebster Award, bloggers nominate other bloggers who are relatively new and trying to establish their blogs. I only started blogging in late February 2015. It was supposed to be an interest as part of my early retirement however, as you bloggers would know it has taken over!!! I needed to reread my blog 6 Steps to Finding the Right Balance at any Age. It has been a very steep and fast learning curve and I am very grateful to be part of this encouraging Award.
As is customary with the Liebster Award, Kathleen has asked me some get to know you questions. I will do my best to answer them.
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
I had been retired for about 18 months and had this idea continually in the back of my mind. As I am in my mid 50’s, I was getting frustrated that people reaching mid 50s started to give up and feel old. I decided instead of Struggling Towards Sixty I was going to Sizzle Towards Sixty. It may sound a funny name but it is catch and I like it!
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Like most bloggers, my inspiration comes from everyday life. I am constantly making notes about blog topics. Sometimes, I think to myself, what will I write about and then suddenly something happens or gives me an idea and away I go. I want to inspire others with my experiences to prove that age is not just a number.
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
I love the connection with other people. Fellow bloggers have been very supportive and helpful and my readers give me great feedback. It is like making new friends.
4. What is your favorite food?
I love food full stop! However, I think my favourite would be anything Italian. Married to an Italian, his mum has provided some delicious recipes over the years. Pasta is a lovely comfort food in winter for me.
5. What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
I enjoy a good dry red wine in winter and a sparkling Lambrusco (red Italian wine) in summer. Also, a glass of bubbles always makes you feel special!
6. What is an item you cannot live without?
Oooh that is a difficult one. Apart from my husband (who isn’t an item) or my family I would say my Smart Phone! I’ve been totally mesmerized by the functions that a small handheld item can provide. Sometimes I think my husband would like to hide it as I am practically joined at the hand to it.
7. What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I just discovered yoga this year and I’m a convert
- I have run 10km, half marathons and a marathon
- I have a wonderful husband
- I have two gorgeous children, two stepchildren and four grandchildren
- I discovered I can bake birthday cakes (since the grandchildren arrived)
- Friends and family are important. You don’t need many friends – quality not quantity
- I once had a ballet and dance studio
- I love travelling – especially cruising and experiencing other cultures
- Cooking is another love of mine
- I enjoy encouraging others to be the best they can be
- I’m an ABBA fan – and when we were in Stockholm I went to the ABBA museum and sang Mama Mia!
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I love Italy and we travel there often to visit my husband’s cousins. I love the history, food and culture and could easily live there. However, I don’t think you can beat Australia my home country. We are a generous, happy nation and have an easy going lifestyle. Where I live in Brisbane, Queensland, the weather is mild and sunny for most of the year, although in the north the weather can be cyclonic in summer.
9. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
This was a tough one to answer as there have been so many people who have influenced society in one way or another. I think I would like to meet the creator of the internet which has changed our lives so dramatically.
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I love to run! I started at 50 and ran my first full marathon (42.2kms) at 55. I run on my own but also run with some ladies on Saturdays. We call ourselves the Saturday Sisters and we have a good chat and exercise at the same time. I also love escaping to the coast and walking along the beach it is very relaxing.
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still Sizzling I hope! We love travelling so I hope that we can continue to do this. I want to enjoy my family and live life to the full as you never know what will happen.
Well that is enough about me. I would like to nominate the following people for the Liebster Award. I enjoy their blogs and their philosophies are similar to mine. Let’s Sizzle!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW NOMINEES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do the following:
- Write a post about the fact that you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- In this post, link back to and show some love to the person who nominated you, also nominate 11 other new blogs that would not have more than 1000 followers. Let these nominated bloggers know that you have nominated them and provide a link back to your page to ensure that they are familiar with the Award.
- Display the Award in your post and in your side bar.
- Answer the questions about yourself.
- Put your post with your nominated 11 blogs for the Liebster Award, on social media. Spread the love!
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- What is it that you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
- What is an item you cannot live without?
- What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Again a big thank you to Kathleen from Lifestyle Building Blocks for the Liebster Award nomination.
Please go and enjoy a visit to this blog.
I’d also love you to read my latest newsletters