Back in June, I was asked by my friend Leslie from Once Upon A Time & Happily Ever After, Life After Retirement suggested I take part in a seasonal bucket list.
I started with a Winter Bucket List because in Australia it is officially winter. If you missed it you can read it here to see what I was hoping to tick off during my winter. My Winter Bucket List
It is now time for a quick update.
My Winter Bucket List Update
I’ve decided to group my winter bucket list into categories – Health & Wellness, Social, Travel, Home and I’m happy to say that I HAVE TICKED SOME OFF MY LISTS!
Health & Wellness
- Run the Gold Coast Half Marathon – the Saturday Sisters and I ran and completed the 21km course on the beautiful Gold Coast. We were happy with our times and extra happy with the celebratory breakfast after the run.
- Enjoy the Winter Sunshine in Queensland – glorious weather and why wouldn’t you want to enjoy being outside.
- Make June my health & wellness month to concentrate on exercise, eating well balanced meals, cutting down on alcohol and making more time to ‘just be’ and enjoy the moment. I’ve been in training for a 34km run in August so health and wellness are on track.
- Prepare for our trip to Spain and Italy which is in October – we’ve started some planning at booked the airfares and two tours. Still a WIP.
- Spend more time at our other home on the Gold Coast for long weekends
- Celebrate Christmas in July with all the trimmings. The preparations have commenced and it is booked in for 22nd July.
- Tried two slow cooker meals – lamb shanks and also beef cheeks in red wine – oh my goodness just so, so delicious.
- Catch up on movies and TV series on rainy days – I started getting hooked on Designated Survivor with Keifer Sutherland and also The Voice Australia which has just finished.
- I’m reading madly at the moment and have enjoyed 2 Jodie Picoult books: ‘Small Great Things’and ‘Handle with Care’ and also Lisa Genova’s ‘Inside the O’Brien’s’
All in all I’m on track and enjoying my Winter season.
What would you put on your Winter Bucket List?