Number 7 in my Simple Ways to Rejuvenate yourself is Hydration and why you need to keep your body well hydrated. Now I know that may seem a little boring and simple but it is an important part of keeping us healthy, feeling and looking great inside and out. Rejuvenation is holistic – mind, body and spirit so keeping our body healthy is a must.
Why Water? You may ask
Well…. Here are a 10 benefits of drinking water and keeping hydrated.
- Cleanses Your System – Water Helps to flush out the toxins from our body and keeps our kidneys functioning at an optimal level
- Replaces fluid lost through exercise and sweating
- Makes our skin clear and glowing
- Improves our immune system
- Assists the digestive process and helps to reduce constipation
- Assists in weight loss as sometimes we think we are hungry when actually we are dehydrated and thirsty.
- Helps overcome that hangover from too much alcohol
- Helps overcome fatigue and tiredness
- Can help reduce muscle pain
I’ve written before about the benefits of keeping hydrated and actually conducted a 28 Day Challenge in my #couchpotatotofabfit Facebook Group. You can click on the two links below to read my:
Both of these posts explain how you can identify if you are dehydrated and how to increase your fluid intake – no not alcohol or fizzy drinks – but refreshing Water!
Don’t like plain water?
Try adding a slice of lemon or lime.
Start the day with a warm water and lemon juice.
Carry a bottle of water with you and drink regularly throughout the day. There are some great water bottles out there so why not by a stylish one or one with an infuser to give some flavour?
So stop whatever you are doing now and drink a glass of water!
Next in the series will be….. #8 – Plan a short getaway