We are all guilty of making excuses about many things in our lives – not exercising, eating the wrong foods, not having the time to nourish our mind, body and soul, not being happy, having toxic relationships.
However, sometimes excuses just don’t wash and we just have to accept the fact that we have a CHOICE AND WE CHOOSE to do something or not.
I might upset some people with this post but I really am getting a little tired of the excuses we make for not exercising and being healthy. There is no excuse – you either want to be healthy or you don’t. We all have the same amount of time in a day but it is YOUR CHOICE how you use it.
So many women of midlife hide behind the excuses of ‘I don’t have time’, ‘I can’t run’, ‘we should accept who we are’, ‘I’m unhappy’. Yes perhaps all valid points but not valid excuses.
I sometimes get a little annoyed when people say to me ‘oh I can’t run’ or ‘I hate running’. They are actually missing the whole point of my blogs about health and fitness.
Sure, I love to run – BUT THAT IS ME and what I like. It doesn’t mean that running is for you BUT BEING HEALTHY AND HAPPY SHOULD BE IMPORTANT TO US ALL.
So here are 3 quick ways to help you STOP MAKING EXCUSES
If you don’t value yourself then how will others? Don’t be afraid to put yourself first occasionally and do what you want to do. If you value yourself and your importance as a person then you will make the time for yourself.
Make a plan
Schedule into your life the things you want to do. In other words, make an appointment with yourself.
- Plan to exercise 30 minutes x 3 times a week
- Plan to eat a healthy but balanced diet – that includes treats. Don’t diet to lose weight, eat healthy to look after your well-being
- Plan for some ‘me’ time to nourish your mind, body and soul
- Plan for your goals or dreams and make them happen. Make a vision board to keep you focused.
Find enjoyment in what you do
- Find an exercise that you enjoy and you will most likely stick to it
- Re-discover a hobby that you may have pushed to the side
- Catch up regularly with family and friends
- Find enjoyment in the simpler things of life and taking 5 minutes to just breathe and appreciate.
So will you stop making excuses and start making progress with a healthier and happier lifestyle?