Can you believe it is almost December???? I suppose it didn’t help that I was swanning around Spain and Italy with my darling husband for the whole of October so I feel like I’ve missed a month. I had a fabulous time though and hope to share some of my adventures with you over the coming months.
I was prompted to take a look at how my year has been progressing because this week at Denyse Whelan Blogs the prompt is ‘Taking Stock’. It is also time to check on my Spring Bucket List where I’m linking up with Leslie from Once Upon A Time – Happily Ever After.
Looking back at my 2017 reminds me it has been such a wonderful year for me with the two highlights being the celebration of my 60th birthday and a wonderful overseas holiday with my darling.
My word for the year was ‘Simplify’ and I wanted to take a step back and really analyse what was important in my life. I think this will always be a work in progress but I did manage to put some practices in place to make life fun again and also reduce stress and anxiety.
Now to check on my Spring Bucket List to see what I can tick off and what I didn’t quite manage to get around to.
Health & Wellness
- Continue my bi-weekly runs with my Saturday Sisters. The running event season is over but we still love our catch ups twice a week not only to keep our running fitness but because of our wonderful friendship. – TICK
- Revise my workout program – I would like to introduce yoga twice weekly and one or two PT strength sessions per week – HALF A TICK – I have to admit I didn’t do any exercise except walking on our trip.
- Try some smoothie recipes – NO TICK
- Enjoy our holiday to Europe visiting Portugal, Spain & Italy plus a Mediterranean Cruise – TICK, TICK, TICK!
- Experience different foods from different cultures – I tried Paella, Sangria and of course delicious Gelato
- Escape to our apartment at the Coast at least fortnightly – not quite a TICK but we will be visiting much more over Summer.
- Continue my Course – ‘A year to clear what is holding you back’
- Finish Thrive – The Third Metric to redefining success and creating a life of well being by Arianna Huffington in conjunction with my Thrive Journal from Kikki K.
Both of these are Work in Progress but that is fine I’ll just keep them on the list until I actually do them.
Revamp my wardrobe
Spring is a good time to declutter the wardrobe and actually see what I do have, what I need and what I probably need to get rid of.
NO TICK HERE but I did get some advice from three of my favourite bloggers with their Fashion Tips for the Festive Season – be sure to click through and read their tips.
Start preparing for Christmas
Having a blended family means that we don’t all get together on Christmas day. So we have our full family Christmas a week before. My husband and I love preparing for the day and filling Santa Sacks with goodies for the grandchildren.
Happy to say we are on track for our family celebrations on 17th December.
So that was my year of 2017 and my Spring Bucket List Update.
How has your year progressed? Have you achieved what you wanted? Remember you can always adjust your list – life can get in the way.
Let’s Keep Sizzling!