This month I’ve been concentrating on Making MAY my month of Happiness and encouraging you to do the same. Back in April last year I took part in the.AtoZ Challenge and my theme was the A to Z Guide to Healthier & Happier You.
I thought it would be appropriate to revisit a post from that collection which was ‘H is for Health & Happiness’ – Why You Need Both. You can read the full post here.
The main point was based on a quote from the Dalai Lama:
Happiness is the highest form of health
To me Health and Happiness are something we all strive for and I don’t really believe we can have one without the other. I shared in detail the following reasons why Health and Happiness go hand in hand. Below is a condensed version and I would love you to read the original post in full if you have the time.
Why Health & Happiness go hand in hand
1. Physical health plus Mental health plus Spiritual Health all combine to make us feel holistically well.
2.Exercise reduces Stress and clears the mind.
3. Good healthy food can improve your mood.
4. Exercise releases endorphins – a chemical released into your brain which triggers positive feelings.
5. Being healthy means you can do more because you are fitter, not only physically but mentally. You have more energy and feel alive.
6. Spending time outdoors and getting back to nature provides a sense of wellbeing.
7. Exercise can improve your sleep and we all know how grumpy we can get if we don’t have a good night’s sleep.
8. When you feel good, you look good and you want to achieve more in your life. Your self-esteem improves. You feel happy when you achieve your dreams and goals and so a healthy and happy cycle begins.